Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is it really about being Ambitious?

Merriam Webster defines Ambitious as “having a desire to achieve a particular goal”. While Belu Maheshwari says; (from his article “Are you guilty of being ambitious?”) “Ambitious is ardent desire for distinction and aspiration.


It pertains to personal growth and achievement. Base on the above definitions, there is nothing negative in its essence. The world progresses and grows because of this desire.

I was once too ambitious, I was eager to get ahead, and I was willing to do anything to move up the ladder. I wanted to be the go-getter who can really go and get.

On my own side of the story, my ambitions leaded me to rise faster; “got my own house, enjoyed my own business, bought things that really took my breath away! Traveled to some places for vacation and went to several famous restaurants and hotels in the country”. But by being too ambitious as well, I became unreasonably aggressive, which directed me to fall as much faster. I just woke up one day; trying to pick up the pieces…bit by bit…I almost lost everything I’ve worked hard for!

Would you agree that suddenly, I realized that it’s not all about being ambitious? It’s all about my line of attack towards my ambitions. I faced my ambitions with extreme aggressiveness. I’ve always thought that being so aggressive is the only key to reach my ambitions easily…immediately…

I find my self always in a hurry to get what I want. Result was I forgot other essentials in my life! I was focused on the superficialities that I thought can make me feel happy and complete for the rest of my life.

Now, I have learned to tame down a bit, not to worry too much for tomorrow, be happy and be contented with whatever I have now. Life has more to offer. Relax! Enjoy life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment